Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring

Although I am still wearing my heavy coat, although I suppose I don’t have to wear a heavy coat, I could just buy a lighter spring jacket, the most noticeable difference is that it is much lighter here, and the snow has melted. But the trees are still bare and the predominant color is brown and not green yet. Today while I was walking home I saw ice floating down the river. I have never seen that phenomenon before, being from Texas, and I really was struck by the way the ice floated by so fast, and how many different types of chunks there were – huge large bits the size of a room, smaller pieces floating just floating on. It was quite majestic, really. I took a video, and I wonder if you can post videos on this site.

I don’t know whether or not I’ve posted photos of some of the famous sites of Petersburg, I guess I could check the archives, but I have some new fresh ones I took when it was a bright day, so here they are for your enjoyment.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home