Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My new host family

My new apartment is about 85 times nicer than my last apartment. And a few times nicer than my house in Texas. You might think that so much marble would be gaudy, but it really works nicely! I have hardwood floors in my room, and a personal balcony. The balcony really hasn't come in handy though seeing that it is still really cold here.

The location is so wonderful as well. I keep on getting early to places though, because I am used to it taking FOREVER to get places! I can walk to the Ermitazh, walk to the main street, have a wonderful shopping street right next to me, as well as a cafe with free wireless a few streets down. And there is a bus for the international students studying at Smolny that comes about 15 minutes from my house, or I could the 50 cent metro which is 4 minutes away.

The only thing about my new homestay is that my host family doesn't talk to me very much. They have 3 rooms that they constantly rent out to international students, and therefore don't really ever get too involved with them. They are extremely polite though. There is only other international student living here now though, a girl from Wales named Beatrice.

She is very nice, and we eat meals together and talk with each other a lot. So I'm not lonely at all, which I might have been if she wasn't there because my host family doesn't talk to me that much.

1 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger Benya said...

What street is that apartment on? This sounds pretty deluxe!

--Venya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home