Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Salsa Explosion!!

I made it St. Petersburg despite the snow and ice storm in Dallas, praise be to God. Unfortunately, my luggage did not. So I went to the CIEE orientation sans luggage and borrowed clothes from other students. It is a great way to meet people by the way - "you look like you are about my size, do you mind if i I borrow some pajamas?"

I was actually paid to help out at orientation, which was a pleasant surprise. And I was the only student who got a single. I helped give the Safety talks, and I sufficiently scared the students. My friend from IU Sara Ronald (aka Sofia, Sonya, or Sally) was also there, which was really nice.

My luggage finally arrived on Saturday night. When I opened it up, I noticed a particular scent. It was the scent of salsa. My old host family really liked salsa, so I brought them another jar, which is STILL all over my socks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home