Thursday, November 09, 2006

Circus.Museums.Churches.Walks

That is what I've done in Moscow!

The circus was spectacular. Stilt jumping, ice skating on stilts and jumproping, a bear driving a car, bears walking like people, bears walking like people while catching rings and putting them on their head, monkeys doing tricks in the air, a flawless trapeze act, and clowns that were really funny!!!!

I went to the Tretyakov Gallery - the one with famous Russian paintings and the one with the modern crazy ones - the Mayakovksy Museum, the Museum by the name of Pushkin with an awesome Impressionist collection (probably the best I've ever seen in my life), the armory where all of the jewels and faberzhe eggs and thrones and crowns are kept.

I walked around many churches, and went to the Monastery where the "Who's who" of the Russian dead is buried, including Stalin's wife, Mayakovsky, Prokofiev, Scriabin, Kabalevsky, Bulgakov.

I walked around Moscow and saw Gogol's house, Pushkin's house, Chekhov's house, the stroll that the Anna Karenina sisters walked along, and the park in Master and Margarita.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home