Monday, October 30, 2006

Оркестр! Orchestra!

I don't know if I've told you all, dear blog readers, about my Russian orchestra, the Orchestra of the students of St. Petersburg State University. I bought a crappy violin and joined! It is so much fun.

We are not playing any russian songs, except for this new modern piece that we are doing the "world debut" for.

I went to the Russian orchestra one day, and asked about joining. They were so nice, open and friendly! They made me sit first chair though, so the conductor could hear me, but i was sight-reading, and due to my strict suzuki musical upbringing I poorly sight read. But that's okay.

During the break, they always break out a real Russian metal old-fashioned samovar!

I'm on my way there now, in about 45 minutes :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home